CWDC Hosts Strategic Doing Training
The CWDC hosted a Strategic Doing training on Oct. 15-17 as part of the 2019 CWDC Technical Assistance Modules. Strategic Doing is a methodology that helps groups identify desired strategic outcomes, develop a path to reaching those outcomes, and quickly move into implementation.
National Disability Employment Awareness Month
National Disability Employment Awareness Month is observed each October to celebrate the contributions of workers with disabilities and raise awareness about the value of creating an inclusive workforce. The CWDC is proud to partner with other state organizations to help ensure individuals with disabilities can succeed in Colorado’s workforce.
RFA Evidence in Workforce Lab
Results for America (RFA) launched the Evidence in Workforce Lab featuring a State and Local Workforce Fellowship that includes Colorado representatives from the CWDC and Workforce Boulder County. The programs aim to help government leaders drive workforce funding toward evidence-based strategies.
On the October radio show, the CWDC was joined by leaders from CDLE’s Division of Vocational Rehabilitation and the State Rehabilitation Council to highlight National Disability Employment Awareness Month and discuss the Employment First Advisory Partnership.
News from Around the Network:
- CDLE held its third annual Shining Stars of Vocational Rehabilitation ceremony at the State Capitol on October 15.
- Colorado Free Application Day was held on October 15. All public colleges and universities in Colorado, as well as several private institutions, participated in the event by waiving application fees.
- CWDC Council Member and Blind Institute of Technology (BIT) Executive Director Mike Hess was featured in a story about the launch of EdgGuide, a new technology BIT helped develop that will enable the visually impaired to experience the Denver Museum of Nature & Science.
Upcoming Events and Resources:
- October 22: Advanced Manufacturing Community of Practice Networking Webinar – Register
- October 25: PWR Symposium – South Metro Denver – Learn More
- October 28: TalentFOUND Quarterly Conversation: Workforce Centers and Human Services
- October 29: Multi-industry Community of Practice Networking Webinar – Register
- November: Apprenticeship Month
- November 5: 2019 Colorado Apprenticeship Awards
For more information visit https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/cwdc